Albion Middle School Renovation
Through extensive collaboration with faculty and district curriculum focus groups, FFKR created a program for the reconfiguration of the original pod open classroom arrangement. The program includes:
- Bringing natural light to all interior classrooms.
- Expanding art/ceramics classrooms and providing north light exposure.
- Expanding and reconfiguring science classrooms with a more functional design.
- Adding a central commons area to bring light to the center of the school, alleviate congestion, and infuse a spirit and identity for the school.
- Expanding and reconfiguring band/choral classrooms.
- Subdividing formerly open pod type classrooms.
- Expanding the administration area and relocating it to the front of the school.
- HVAC, air conditioning, and other infrastructure upgrades.