BYU-IDAHO, REXBURG, IDAHO
The original Jacob Spori Building was constructed in 1903 as the first permanent home of the Fremont Stake Academy, a precursor of Brigham Young University-Idaho. The three-story building featured ashlar stone masonry, simpel hipped roof, and a deliberate monumental appearance.
The rebuilt Jacob Spori Building incorporates regional travertine stone into an exterior profile similar to that of the original structure. About 75 percent larger than its predecessor, the new building includes an art gallery, a state-of-the-art communications studio, an auditorium, art studios, classrooms and offices. To maintain access to natural light, a skylight-capped, three-story light well is located in the center of the building.
Client BYU-Idaho/The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day SaintsSize 44,000 sf