SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
The vision for the O.C. Tanner headquarters remodel project is to communicate openness and transparency, and to express with modern materials the company’s philosophy of appreciation. O.C. Tanner develops employee recognition strategies and rewards programs that help organizations appreciate people who do great work. The project design responds on two scales: first, to the facility’s global image as the world headquarters of O.C. Tanner, and second, to the personal experience of its users and visitors.
Key features of the southwest remodel include:
• A public plaza that opens to Main Street and features a modern rose garden. The plaza will offer shade, seating areas, and playful water features.
• A suspended canopy that will serve as the focal point of the entry and offer shade and protection from the elements. A pathway around and bridge over a sunken rock garden will bring awareness to the surrounding beauty.
• A new 500-person auditorium open to the lobby and outdoor gathering space.
• An Employee plaza for gatherings and casual daily use, where the landscape provides shade, soothing water sounds, and cooling mist.
• A contemplation plaza to enhance the connection between the conference center and the new lobby. This path will be enriched by niches that communicate the philosophy of O.C. Tanner.
CLIENT O.C. TANNERSIZE 24,000 SF